- Licensed as a professional engineer within the applicable jurisdiction. (Professional engineers licensed in another state, but not currently licensed in the State of Texas, must (1) meet the requirements of the Texas Engineering Practices Act, (2) obtain a professional engineering license from the Texas Board of Professional Engineers within six (6) months of the date of hire, and (3) sign an agreement to that effect as a condition of employment.)
A person in this position generally, but not necessarily has eight (8) years progressively responsible experience in field/laboratory testing with one (1) year experience in supervision
- Shall possess a valid driver’s license within the applicable jurisdiction and meet firm’s auto insurability requirements.
EXTENSIVE KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Materials used in highway construction
- Material testing methods, processes and procedures
THOROUGH KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Engineering principles, practices, and methods
- Engineering fundamentals
- Engineering calculations
- Laboratory records management techniques
CONSIDERABLE KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Highway construction plans, construction inspection procedures, and specifications
- Personal computers and the use of applicable software
- Implementation methods and procedures for material evaluation and acceptance
WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and statistics
- Human resource policies and procedures
- Effective Supervisory techniques
- Plan and coordinate work activities, oversee programs, interpret engineering plans, and instruct.
• Lift (60 lbs.)
- Move 100 lbs.
- Assign and review work
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing to communicate problems, status of work, daily reports, etc.
- Work under exposure to inclement weather conditions
- Read and understand plans, specifications, instructions, labels, reports, etc.
- Travel to project sites and maneuver over rough and uneven terrain
- Prepare and maintain records, files, and reports
- Use hand tools such as sledgehammers, shovels and picks
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external personnel
- Follow verbal and written instructions
- Analyze, problem solve, and recommend solutions
- Troubleshoot material and testing deficiencies and develop solutions
- Perform history trend analyses
- Ability to drive company vehicle, manage and complete all assigned jobs, efficiently and on time
- Present a professional appearance to best represent the firm
- Wear personal protective equipment and comply with all safety requirements
- Comply with all attendance requirements as noted in most current edition of Corporate Policy Manual
- The use of personal computers and applicable software
- Effective communication
- Maintaining an effective and cohesive working group
• Organizational skills to set priorities, schedule assignments, and meet deadlines
Must pass a drug test prior to employment and will be subject to post-accident, random, and reasonable cause testing during employment.
Raba Kistner supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Females and minorities are encouraged to apply.
HR Contact: Mary Clark 210-694-3625
Tey Lundy 210- 545-0008