- Professional Engineer license within applicable jurisdiction (Professional engineers licensed in another state, but not currently licensed in the State of Texas, must (1) meet the requirements of the Texas Engineering Practices Act, (2) obtain a professional engineering license from the Texas Board of Professional Engineers within six (6) months of the date of hire, and (3) sign an agreement to that effect as a condition of employment.)
- A person in this position generally, but not necessarily has four (4) years progressively responsible experience in transportation engineering with one (1) year experience in construction quality control/assurance
- Shall possess a valid driver’s license within the applicable jurisdiction and meet firm’s auto insurability requirements
THOROUGH KNOWLEDGE OF:
CONSIDERABLE KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Materials used in highway construction
- Highway construction plans, construction inspection procedures, and specifications
- Personal computers and the use of applicable software
WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF:
SOME KNOWLEDGE OF:
Construction project document control techniques
Human resource policies and procedures
Construction management procedures
The State specific Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices or National Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices
Effective Supervisory techniques
Plan and coordinate work activities, oversee programs, interpret engineering plans, and instruct
Assign and review work
Communicate effectively orally and in writing to communicate problems, status of work, daily reports, etc.
Work under exposure to inclement weather conditions
Read and understand plans, specifications, instructions, labels, reports, etc.
Travel to project sites and maneuver over rough and uneven terrain
Prepare and maintain records, files, and reports
Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external personnel
Follow verbal and written instructions
Analyze, problem solve, and recommend solutions
Must pass a drug test prior to employment and will be subject to post-accident, random, and reasonable cause testing during employment.
Raba Kistner supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Females and minorities are encouraged to apply.
HR Contact: Mary Clark 210-694-3625