Bachelor of Science degree in engineering which has been accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (EAC/ABET)
Shall possess a valid driver’s license within the applicable jurisdiction and meet firm’s auto insurability requirements
CONSIDERABLE KNOWLEDGE OF:
WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF:
Engineering principles, practices, and methods
Personal computers and the use of applicable software
Algebra, geometry, and trigonometry
SOME KNOWLEDGE OF:
Highway construction plans, construction inspection procedures, and specifications
Materials used in highway construction
Material testing methods, processes and procedures
The State specific Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices or National Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices approved by the Federal Highway Administrator as the National Standard
Communicate effectively orally and in writing to communicate problems, status of work, daily reports, etc.
Lift 60 lbs.
Move 100 lbs.
Work under exposure to inclement weather conditions
Read and understand plans, specifications, instructions, labels, reports, etc.
Travel to project sites and maneuver over rough and uneven terrain.
- Prepare and maintain records, files, and reports.
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external personnel.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Analyze, problem solve, and recommend solutions.
- Use hand tools such as sledgehammers, shovels and picks.
- Ability to drive company vehicle, manage and complete all assigned jobs, efficiently and on time
- Present a professional appearance to best represent the firm
- Wear personal protective equipment and comply with all safety requirements
- Comply with all attendance requirements as noted in most current edition of Corporate Policy Manual
Works outside and is subject to weather conditions
Potential exposure to equipment movement hazards and dangerous chemical/solvents if proper safety procedures are not followed
Exposed to noise, dust, fumes, radiant and electrical energy
Works on ladders and scaffolding
May work protracted or irregular hours
Flexibility to work irregular hours due to client needs (i.e. other than 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and/or other than Monday through Friday.)
Work related responsibilities require travel out of town to RABA KISTNER offices, client offices, and project locations
Must pass a drug test prior to employment and will be subject to post-accident, random, and reasonable cause testing during employment.
Raba Kistner supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Females and minorities are encouraged to apply.