Successful applicants without the above certifications or training may be required to pursue successful attainment of the certifications. Related experience may be substituted with the approval of the client.
THROUGH KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Highway construction plans, construction inspection procedures, and specifications
- Materials used in highway construction
- Material testing procedures
CONSIDERABLE KNOWLEDGE OF:
- The State specific Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices or National Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices approved by the Federal Highway Administrator as the National Standard
WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Construction project document auditing techniques
- Personal computers and the use of applicable software
- Algebra, geometry, and trigonometry
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing to communicate problems, status of work, daily reports, etc.
- Lift 60 lbs.
- Move 100 lbs.
- Work under exposure to inclement weather conditions
- Read and understand plans, specifications, instructions, labels, reports, etc.
- Travel to project sites and maneuver over rough and uneven terrain
- Prepare and maintain records, files, and reports
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external personnel
- Use hand tools such as sledgehammers, shovels and picks
- Follow verbal and written instructions
- Analyze, problem solve, and recommend solutions
- Plan and coordinate work activities, oversee programs, interpret engineering plans, and instruct
- Present a professional appearance to best represent the firm
- Wear personal protective equipment
- Comply with all attendance requirements as noted in most current edition of Corporate Policy Manual
- Proficiently performing tests on materials in the field to determine acceptability
- Works outside and is subject to weather conditions
- Potential exposure to equipment movement hazards and dangerous chemical/solvents if proper safety procedures are not followed
- Exposed to noise, dust, fumes, radiant and electrical energy
- Works on ladders and scaffolding
- May work protracted or irregular hours
- Flexibility to work irregular hours due to client needs (i.e. other than 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and/or other than Monday through Friday).Work related responsibilities require travel out of town to RABA KISTNER offices, client offices, and project locations
Must pass a drug test prior to employment and will be subject to post-accident, random, and reasonable cause testing during employment.
Raba Kistner supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Females and minorities are encouraged to apply.
HR Contact: Mary Clark 210-694-3625